The Educator Scholarship program
will be available again this year.
OOPSLA 2002 Educators' Scholarships
Applications due: 21 June 2002
OOPSLA 2002 is proud to announce the availability of scholarships
for educators from 2 and 4 year colleges to attend the Educators' Symposium
and Conference. These scholarships are sponsored by the Association of
Computing Machinery (ACM) Special Interest Group on Programming Languages
(SIGPLAN). Scholarship recipients will be reimbursed for the following
maximum of $1000 towards travel and accommodation expenses. Not all
travel expenses will be covered under this grant (e.g. items such as
rental cars, phone calls, and visas are not covered).
to the OOPSLA 2002 Conference.
to the OOPSLA 2002 Educators' Symposium.
to 1 full-day (or 2 half-day) tutorial(s) at OOPSLA 2002.
Questions should be directed to Helen Sharp, the Educators'
Symposium Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application materials must be sent to the OOPSLA 2002 Administration
office at the address shown below.
1. On or before 21 June 2002, complete the application form, and mail it with two signed letters of support (one from your
Department Chair and/or Dean and one from another person who can speak
about your involvement in teaching OO technology) to:
- OOPSLA 2002
6220 NE Glisan,
Portland, OR 97213
Fax submissions will not be accepted.
Electronic submissions should be in one of the following file
format: MS Word, PDF, or HTML. Electronic submissions should be sent to:
2. Scholarships will be awarded based on the nominee's ability to
use his or her experience at OOPSLA to further OO education and training in
their educational institution and/or the wider OO community. Notification
of scholarship awards will be e-mailed by 1 August 2002.
3. Scholarship recipients must formally accept the award by 15
4. Scholarship recipients must register for OOPSLA 2002 using
standard procedures no later than the conference's early registration
5. Scholarship recipients must attend the complete conference, from
4 November through 8 November 2002.
6. Scholarship recipients must submit expense reports for
reimbursement of travel and accommodation expenses by 1 December 2002.
7. Scholarship recipients must submit OOPSLA 2002 experience reports
by 12 December 2002.