The Educator Scholarship program will be available again this year.
OOPSLA 2001 Educators' Scholarships Applications due: 15 June 2001
OOPSLA 2001 is proud to announce the availability of scholarships for educators from 2 and 4 year colleges to attend the Educators' Symposium and Conference. These scholarships are sponsored by the Association of Computing Machinery (ACM) Special Interest Group on Programming Languages (SIGPLAN). Scholarship recipients will be reimbursed for the following expenses:
- A maximum of $1000 towards travel and accommodation expenses. Not all travel expenses will be covered under this grant (e.g. items such as rental cars, phone calls, and visas are not covered).
- Registration to the OOPSLA 2001 Conference.
- Registration to the OOPSLA 2001 Educators' Symposium.
- Registration to 1 full-day (or 2 half-day) tutorial(s) at OOPSLA 2001.
Questions should be directed to Jutta Eckstein, the Educators' Symposium Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application materials must be sent to the OOPSLA 2000 Administration office at the address shown below.
1. On or before 15 June 2001, complete the application form, and mail it with two signed letters of support (one from your Department Chair and/or Dean and one from another person who can speak about your involvement in teaching OO technology) to:
- OOPSLA 2001
465 NE 181st, Suite 463
Portland, OR 97230
Fax submissions will not be accepted.
Electronic submissions should be in one of the following file format: MS Word, PDF, or HTML. Electronic submissions should be sent to: email@example.com
2. Scholarships will be awarded based on the nominee's ability to use his or her experience at OOPSLA to further OO education and training in their educational institution and/or the wider OO community. Notification of scholarship awards will be e-mailed by 1 August 2001.
3. Scholarship recipients must formally accept the award by 15 August 2001.
4. Scholarship recipients must register for OOPSLA 2001 using standard procedures no later than the conference's early registration deadline.
5. Scholarship recipients must attend the complete conference, from 14 October through 18 October 2001.
6. Scholarship recipients must submit expense reports for reimbursement of travel and accommodation expenses by 1 November 2001.
7. Scholarship recipients must submit OOPSLA 2001 experience reports by 12 November 2001.