OOPSLA 2005 Location
Use the online reservation system to book your room.
- Hi-speed dial up Internet access in guestrooms
- WiFi in meeting rooms
- 4 swimming pools and 1 whirlpool
- Gardens and lots of outdoor space to network or sit and relax
|Room Types and Rates|
Where to go for meals
There are many options for places to have a meal:
- 5 onsite restaurants (resort map: jpg or 365kb pdf)
- Sunshine Deli (open daily 7am-7pm)
- Terrace Cafe (open daily at 6am)
- Charlie's Sports Bar (open for dinner/evenings)
- Trellises Garden Grille (open for breakfast, lunch & dinner)
- Kelly's Steakhouse (open for dinner/evenings)
- Fashion Valley Food Court
- The Cheesecake Factory
- PF Chang's China Bistro
- Crocodile Cafe
- California Pizza Kitchen
- Pizzeria Uno and
- twelve bistro cafes.
- Visit Old Town
- Numerous restaurants
Old Town is 2 trolley stations from the conference center and costs just $1.75 for a one way fare. You can catch the trolley at the Fashion Valley Transit Center, across the bridge at the North end of the property. You may purchase trolley tickets from the vendomats there. Some machines require exact change; some accept $1.00 or $5.00 bills. Susan B. Anthony coins are also accepted. See San Diego Trolley Information for more information.
You can ask the Town & Country concierge for directions to the Fashion Valley Transit Center and to Old Town.
A map of the Town & Country Resort is found here (365kb PDF).
- San Diego International Airport—a 15 minute drive to the resort
- Los Angeles International Airport—110 miles (177km) from San Diego
Cabs and Taxis
The Town & Country does not have a complimentary shuttle service. A taxi will cost about $20 one-way from the airport to the Town & Country. The Xpress Shuttle is $9 one-way, $18 roundtrip.
Airport Yellow Cab of San Diego
Xpress Shuttle (also has towncar or limo service)
Cloud 9 Shuttle (also has towncar or limo service)
- San Diego Trolley Information
- Interstate 8 East (El Centro)
Exit 2nd Hotel Circle Exit and turn left continuing under the overpass
- Interstate 8 West (Beaches)
Exit Hotel Circle and turn right
- Interstate 5 North or South
Exit onto Interstate 8 East (El Centro) and exit 2nd Hotel Circle exit, turn left continuing under the overpass
- Interstate 805 North or South, Interstate 15 North or South and Highway 163
Exit onto Interstate 8 West (Beaches), exit Hotel Circle and turn right
San Diego enjoys beautiful weather year round with an average daily temperature of 70.5°F (21°C). A marked feature of the climate is the wide variation in temperature within short distances due to the topography of the land. You can enjoy coastal, mountain and desert environments all in the space of one day.
In late October the high temperature is usually around 72°F (22°C). For up-to-date weather forecasts visit the National Weather Service Forecast Web site.
Things To Do In San Diego
Many of these places can be reached using the San Diego Trolley.
- Riverwalk Golf Course, located next to the Town & Country (map)
Fashion Valley Shopping Mall, located next to the Town & Country (map)
Beautiful outdoor shopping center featuring 200 stores & restaurants, and a movie theater.
Old Town (two Trolley stops from the Fashion Valley Transit Center)
is nestled in San Diego, just steps from 150 restaurants, shops, and historical sites. Old Town, the Birthplace of California, is just a short walk from the San Diego Trolley Transit Center and a short drive to most San Diego destinations.
- Downtown San Diego and Seaport Village (six Trolley stops from the Fashion Valley Transit Center)
- San Diego Zoo
- SeaWorld Adventure Park
- Balboa Park