Did you know...?
- Minneapolis was named from the Dakota word Minne meaning of the waters and the Greek word polis meaning city? There are more than 949 lakes in the Minneapolis/St Paul (Twin Cities) metropolitan area.
- In October, the average high temperature is >60° F. (~16° C.) and the average low is 42° F. (~5.5° C.)?
- You can get around downtown in 62 climate-controlled skyways, connecting 52 blocks (5 miles) between buildings?
- Minneapolis has more than 30 theaters, second only to New York City in the number of theater seats per capita, nearly 100 theater companies, 130 art galleries, 35 museums, 10 dance groups, 20 classical music groups?
- Minneapolis has more than 275 restaurants?
- There are 80 miles of hiking and biking trails in Minneapolis?
- Minneapolis is home to the largest shopping and entertainment complex in the US (Mall of America)?
Find out much more about Minneapolis and Minnesota from the Greater Minneapolis Convention and Visitors Association.